I just got home from a family vacation in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, where fall was in full swing. It felt so lovely to be outside in the cool air, wear flannels, drink hot chocolate and watch the leaves turn yellow. Back in Ohio, it’s 85 degrees.☀️ As a Midwesterner, you hate to wish away any warm weather. But I am so ready for fall!
Until then, here’s a popsicle recipe I made in my first trimester of pregnancy. As I said before, I survived on popsicles and used ginger to help ease nausea. The Greek yogurt helps too, since protein is slower-digesting. This means your body takes longer to digest it (similar to fat and fiber), which gives you more time with food in your system. Less empty stomach = less nausea.
Here’s the simple recipe:
- 1.5 peaches
- 1/2c vanilla Greek yogurt
- dice-sized piece of ginger, squeezed
- Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor. I left some small peach chunks, but you can puree completely for a smoother consistency.
- Pour into popsicle molds and freeze
- To remove from molds, hold under warm running water for 10-15 seconds